Wednesday, July 13, 2016

let the flakes fly

With as hot and humid as it was here today....I will bite my tongue as I will say I would have like to have the flakes fly for about five minutes, but that is all.  This wonderful sentiment is from TLC.  There will be a wonderful blog hop on July 17th at 8:30am PST or 10:30am CST.  It will be Vintage Vacation with freebies along the way.

For my card I used an image from Bugaboo and colored it purple - I don't know why, but I have a purple thing going right now.  I added Sakura jelly glitter pen on the snowflakes on the image.




Patterned Paper:  Recollection; Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Snowfriends
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - let the flakes fly
Twine:  Darice
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
Gem:  Paper Studio
Die:  Cherry Lynn
Sakura jelly glitter pen

Challenges
CHNC - Ch. 289 Color purple
CHNC Extra - July
Catch the Bug - Saturday Challenge snowman or snowflake
A snowflake promise - Ch. 26 Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Ch. 206 Monochrome




10 comments:

Angela said...

Cute...I like purple too! Love how you have added sparkle to the snowflake; that's one of my favorite things about snowflakes, adding the glitter! Thank you for playing along with us at Catch the Bug's Christmas in July!

anne said...

Such a sweet snowman and I love purple too. A lovely card.
Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Anne SSW2-DT

Kathie said...

Oh Lisa what a darling Christmas card, I totally love your colour combo one of my very favourite and this is a darling image you've used. So glad to see that you added texture and embossed one of the panels. I just adore embossing on a card and feel I don't use my embossing folders enough. Perfect snowflake embellishment. I love your card. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks so much for participating in our CIJ event for Saturdays Challenge! I love your project! Thanks for using a Bugaboo image!

Heide said...

Super Christmas card, what a darling snowman and love the snowflake. Thanks for joining us. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love all the purple too. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Kath x

sweetbloominscraps said...

Oh I love the purple snowflakes! Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at SSW2!
Judi SSW2

Stephanie said...

This is so sweet, thanks for playing along in our Christmas in July week of challenges at Catch The Bug.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Julie said...

Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas extra challenge
Julie T