Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

This week my kids were off on spring break.  My son is a junior in High School and my daughter was home from college.  She is a RA and was coloring some posters for the dorm and I was working on some cards.  My son asked if he could color too since we were both doing it.  Years ago he would color with me and he is actually good with Copics.  This is what he did.  I just feel bad we didn't have time to put it together.



Then on April 2nd it will be my nephew Greysen's 3rd birthday!  I made him a firetruck chocolate cake from scratch.  I always made cakes for my kids so its been a while, but this is what I came up with for him.  And kids are just so much fun to watch enjoy the moment.


Greysen and his cake

Greysen blowing out candles or spitting on the cake

Greysen excited about the tool set I bought him


Have a Happy and Blessed Easter!

3 comments:

Penny said...

How wonderful that you and your son can enjoy coloring together! Love his project! And that cake is just fabulous!
Hope you are having a wonderful Easter! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sylvia said...

Love this post Lisa, there are not enough families who play together! So happy that you had time to do things with the kids while they are home. That is a fun cake as well, I made my grandson a tool belt out of Papa's old jeans waistband and pockets. He thought it was so fun. I think you and I would be good friends IRL if we lived close! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Kathie said...

Hi Lisa I loved this post including the kids colouring and your nephew's birthday cake and present boy this brings back memories with my two. Just a little to old for Fire Engine cake but nothing would surprise me. I've made Poo Bear, Tigger, Bob the Builder, Thomas the Tank Engine, A Farm scene, #10, V8 Super Car, Thunderbird 1, Spider Man and Superman to name a few. Now they're a little older they don't want the themes.
Take care
Kathie
xox