Sunday, October 14, 2012

Along came a spider....

I can't believe another week has passed.  It has been hectic around our house.  On Sunday night we realized that our refrigerator had died and that everything in the freezer had thawed.  So I had a mess to clean that out.  My husband and I went to look at new refrigerators and naturally we didn't agree on which on should be purchased.  My husband likes to have the newest gadgets such as the i-phone 5, i-pad, computers, etc; however, when it comes to appliances then he believes it is acceptable to take an open item with dents.  I love my husband, but sometimes he makes me so mad.  Then we come to the next issue....the new refrigerator is 1.5 inches taller than our current one which fits into the cabinet.  Do you think we could have someone come and deal with that before the refrigerator arrives? NO  So when the delivery men come they almost don't want to leave the refrigerator because it won't fit in the kitchen.  I told them that we were aware of that and that we would have a carpenter come cut the cabinet.  I worked 3pm - 7pm for a friend the other night so she could attend her son's volleyball game.  While I was driving to work, my husband called me to tell me that the radiation center finally called and that he was to start radiation on Wednesday.  I was scheduled to work so I tried to switch with people which didn't work out so I had to take a family leave day.        So finally on Thursday afternoon, the carpenter cuts the cabinet, and our refrigerator is fit in the kitchen.  Now we can finally go grocery shopping and fill the refrigerator.  The next issue is the dishwasher that has now stopped cleaning the dishes and we have bought several cleaners and it doesn't seem to be helping.  Now I think we are needing to go look for a new dishwasher.  My husband makes the comment that he saw that there was a Boush for around $600 at Best Buy and I just want to cry.  I saw several more which were between $800 - 900 so I just wonder what piece of junk he is looking at now.  I rather go by myself and pick what I want.

I did manage to work on a couple of cards today.  I did this spider card using Martha Stewart stickers and twine with the sentiment from TLC, Create.  The web on the top is a border punch from Martha Stewart.
The second card is an image from Cuddly Buddy and a sentiment from TLC, Create.



Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - All Hallows Eve, Spellbound
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Recollection
Stamp:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Twine:  stash
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart
Spiders:  Martha Stewart & Recollection

Challenges
Retro Sketch - Sketch #33  http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/
Paper Pretties - PWC 227 - Halloween




Patterned Paper:  Recollection
Cardstock:  Bazzil
Stamp:  Cuddly Buddy - Kim McFarlane - Sweet Nativity 
Sentiments:  TLC, Create - Christmas Sentiments - Believe in the Reason
Flowers:  Prima, Recollection, Zva
Spellbinders:  Small circle, small scalloped circle

Challenges
Merry Monday -  Sketch #36   http://www.alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Very cute cards Lisa Lynn! Love your colouring on your card for Merry Monday! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Bonnie said...

The spiders are awesome! And your Holy Family so sweet! Reminds me of the children's plays at Christmas time. Thanks, Lisa Lynn, for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Lesley said...

Great card for the sketch, your sentiment and image is lovely. Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays!

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely cards Lisa Lynn, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Penny said...

Two cool cards, Lisa Lynn. Love your take on the sketch with the spiders--and the sentiment is fantastic! And your second card is another great take on a sketch--love that sweet image and the great colors! :^)
Sorry to hear about your appliance problems--glad to hear you got at least one taken care of finally. Will keep your hubby in thoughts and prayers for his treatment. :^)
Hugs, Penny