Friday, June 29, 2012

Godson's birthday

It's my Godson's birthday who is stationed in Afghanistan.  Peter is scheduled to come home in July so I plan to give it to him at that time since it will be difficult to mail it to him since I put a big button on it.  He is in the reserves so I'm anxious to have him back home again.  I worry about all of our troops abroad even more so since my son who is 16 talks about going into the military.  My other card is a fun one that I made using some paper and sentiments from TLC, Create.  Paulette loves to make creations with M & M's which is great because I have an EK Success punch.



Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Hook, Line & Sinker; My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Recollections
Stamp:  Tiddly Ink - Ricky Goes Fishing
Sentiment:  Tiddly Ink
Button & Twine:  stash

Challenges
Bugaboo- Button, twine & sentiment




Patterned Paper:  TLC, Create
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Recollections
Sentiment:  TLC, Create
Punch:  EK Success

Challenges
Merry Monday - Sketch 26        http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.ca

7 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

very cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday
Cindy GD

Notes by Nina said...

What a fun card, that DP is so cute. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Penny said...

Your little fisherman card is adorable! :^) I am sure he'll love it! And great use of Paulette's images on your second card! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Gina K said...

Both cards are great. Thank your Godson from a fellow American who is so thankful for our military. My nephew heads into the Air Force in February. I'm so proud but scared out of my everloving mind at the same time.

Bonnie said...

What a cute card for your Godson! The M & M card is really fun! I love the idea of no calories at Christmas. Glad you joined us at Merry Monday this week!

Wendy said...

Really cute Christmas card! Love the M&M papers and your cute sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Lesley said...

LOL! Love it! I am SO happy calories don't count at Christmas! Hee-hee! Thanks for joining in at Merry Monday!