Tuesday, November 8, 2011

First one

I've had this stamp for awhile, but I finally did it.  So now I can officially say that I have done my first Magnolia stamp.  The unfortunate part is that it is not my best coloring, and I need to explain.  Yesterday was a nice day it was sunny and in the 50's which in Wisconsin is warm for November.  So my husband had a doctor appointment in the afternoon, and then my son had off from school so we had to do a little driving while we still had some light.  However, I had to squeeze a little time in there yet to trim the evergreen bushes because today the high is to be 42 along with rain and even a few snow flurries and Wednesday too.  Then it might warm up to 49-50 on the weekend, but I will be working by then.  So while I was trying to clip away like a beaver my arms became rather sore especially my shoulders because I only use a hand trimmer so my hands were a little shakey when I went to color last night.  I hate to admit that I'm getting older and my body just can't handle things the same way....
My second card is using a Tiddly Ink image called "Santa's Helper" which I think looks rather punk.  Which is  like the attitude of my son these days.  I used liquid applique on his suit which I just love for that puffy fur look.  I embossed and sanded a brick background, and added some icicles to the corner.  That is the nice thing about Tiddly Ink images that they have both Gothic and cutesy ones so it can depend on what mood you're in or what type of card you're making.  I guess it comes down to whether you want to be naughty or nice.


Patterned Paper:  Bearly Mine:  Christmas Joy & Dots
Cardstock:  Core-dinations,  Recollections
Stamp:  Magnolia
Sentiment:  Crafty Sentiments
Lace:  Wrights
Flowers:  Prima
Flourish:  Sixxiz
Stars:  Recollection
Spellbinders:  Large & Small Petite Oval, Large Scalloped Oval
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Prima Colored Pencils & Mineral Spirits
Sakura Jelly Glitter Pen

Challenges:
All that Scraps - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Baby You're a Firecracker  http://www.cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/
Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge - Lace It Up  http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.com/2011/10/challenge-17-lace-it-up.html
Magnolia-licious Challenge - Color Challenge http://magnolia-liciouschallengeblog.blogspot.com/




Patterned Paper:  Authenique
Cardstock:  Core-dinations, Recollections
Stamp:  Tiddly Ink- Santa's Helper
Sentiment:  My Mind's Eye- Holly Jolly Set
Ink:  Memento, Black Tuxedo
Embossing Folder:  Sixxiz
Sandpaper
Border punch: Martha Stewart
Ice Stickles
Liquid Applique

Challenges:
Saturday Sketch- Sketch
Tiddly Inks - Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday - Anything Goes  http://digitaltuesdaychallenge.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Mina said...

your colouring looks gorgeous to me Lisa Lynn...wow I cant believe you have just got your first Magnolia stamp...watch out you will be addicted now lol
Mina xxx

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Just love the brick embossed paper, and the icicled d corner. Such a fun interpretation of the sketch. Liquid Applique is such fun, I love the look. Wonderful job on both cards, Magnolia is gorgeous in blue.

Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks - Anything Goes Challenge this week.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh wow look at that brick paper behind Tiddly Charles! I love it - the fuzzy trim is beautiful and I love the punch you used for greenery! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!
hugs,
M

Larissa said...

Both your cards are very adorable! The liquid applique is so perfect on the tiddly image! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

Amanda R said...

Love that background paper, it really looks like bricks! Thanks for playing along with Tiddly Inks this week!

Michele Spera said...

Lovely Tilda card:-) I love the sparkles:-) Thank you for joining us at cute card thursday:-)
Hugs
Michele

Norma said...

Lisa Lynn, beautiful card. Cute Tilda image—I have this one too, but I don’t think I’ve coloured her yet…LOL. I like your sentiment stamp. Wonderful layout and gorgeous lace.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Cazza said...

Such a cute Christmas card and I love the embossed 'chimney'!!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

ccroll said...

Love them both!

Unknown said...

Both cards are wonderful! I just love your chimney embossing on your Tiddly Inks card! So glad you could join us at Tiddly Inks for our challenge this week!

cabio's craft corner said...

Hi Lisa Lynn, your card is so pretty and the glittery stars are such a gorgeous touch on your Tilda card. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge :o)
Hugs,
Cabio