Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Envelope Card

I love this stamp of the Cheeky Shooter by Greeting Farms which has a Challenge this week of an Envelope Card. I used Patterned Paper by gcd designs and used a kwik kutz die for the envelope.

Stamp - Celebrate- Close to My Heart
Markers- Copics
Ink- Memento, Dark Cocoa
Cardstock- Bazzil
Buttons- JoAnn's Essentials
Ribbon- Michael's
Punch- Fiskars
Border punch- Martha Stewart
Twine

My daughter is a princess and so is my mother.  My Father and brother would go target shooting and I would make my Dad take me along.  His response was, "Girls don't shoot guns.", but he would allow me to do it.  It was my way of spending time with my Father doing a sport that he enjoyed, and when I met my now ex-husband it was great when I was able to surprise him and out shoot him.  What he told his Father is that it was cloudy when I shot, and the sun was in his eyes when he shot.  Poor sport, my Dad taught me well.  For gifts my Father has bought my brother shot guns and rifles, and when I asked why I did not get any he said, "I know you, you would use it."  So I have not received a gun from my Father, but I can send him cards with girls that have one.

No comments: