Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Toadily cool

Monday September 13, 2010

I think green is the color of today. 
The other Sunday when my husband brought the Sunday paper into the house all of a sudden a frog jumped out.  He must have been hiding in the rolled up paper in the mailbox soaking in the sun.  We quickly caught him and relocated him back outside before our four curious cats decided to check him out.  Then a few days later when I went to pick up the paper, again he was inside, but this time he hopped on my arm scaring me.  This digital image form Some Odd Girl of Tobie and Buddy reminds me of how my husband looked taking the frog back outside (and our grass has lots of shade so we have some mushrooms at times also).  I plan to enter this in the challenge for this week which is to have three images.  These are the images that I won from last weeks sketch.
Markers: Copics
Die-namics: Grass, My Favorite Things
Patterned Paper: We Are Memory Keepers
Ribbon: Michael's
Punch: EK Success 1 1/2 ", Fiskars Scallop
Border Edge: Fiskars

I also did a card that I plan to submit for the Pixie Dust Studio Challenge which is "In between the Newsprint" challenge.  It is to have a black and white plus one additional color.  I thought that would be perfect with their digital stamp of Greta the Green.  I had fun using every shade of my green Copic markers for this card.


Stamp: Season's Greetings, Hero Arts
Ink: Memento
Core-dinations black glitter
Nestibilities: Small petite Oval
Punch: 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" EK Success
Border Punch: EK Success
Flowers: Prima
Ribbon: Michaels
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lush
Cardstock: Bazzil

10 comments:

Robin said...

Your card is 'toadally cool'... love the colours and images you used together!!! Thanks for playing with Some Odd Girl!!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Both of you cards are awesome! I love how sparkly the 2nd card is! Love the green :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Pixie Dust!
hugs, margie

Kim Sonksen said...

Awww those cards are wicked and I am giggling here because of the first sentiment - so cool!

Thank you for being ODD with us this week over at
http://someoddgirl.blogspot.com/

CraftyJane said...

This is so CUTE!!! ... you should check out Papercraft Star and enter some of your fab stuff! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

yyam said...

These are toadly awesome creations! ;)

Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

Leah l'Orange said...

HA! Lisa, what a cute story, and i LOVE your choices for the multiple images! the mushes set is one of my faves, and i'm so pleased you chose that as one of your winnings!

thanks for playing with the Odd Girls and rockin' the Tobie image!

This N That said...

What a GREAT PROJECT! And look at those adorable Odd images! You did a great job! Love the sentiment, too! Thanks for playing with the odd girls!

Unknown said...

You picked good winnings girlie! I love how you worked your images together. We have a lil tree frog that we keep finding stuck to the glass on the front door. How funny they are! Thanks for being Odd!

Marcie Sharp said...

Great job! What a CUTE card! That image always makes me smile. Thanks for playing along with us Odd Girls!

Piali said...

Love the card...coooool!! Thanks for joining us for 1+1+1=3 challenge at Some Odd Girls!