Monday, August 16, 2010

Finally!!!

Monday August 16, 2010
I have gone to so many different blogs, but finally have created one of my own.  I have a wonderful husband who is such a geek which means he is my computer go-to expert.  He has helped me get started and I will be yelling out for him to show me what to do when I need to load the pictures or have a question.  It is like a whole new door has been opened which is rather scary.  I can show my "creations" to my family and friends, but now others can make comments also so it opens a whole new level of criticism and comments.  It is easier to impress your family who have never seen or heard of these materials than the crafty girls who actually own more than I do (which my husband wouldn't think was possible).  Well, here we go.

Challenge:  Wild Flower Patch Challenge #27
The first card I have to post, is one that I did using a digital stamp from Bugaboo "Back Pain"
Cardstock:  yellow
Patterned paper:  DCWV Floral mat stack
Embossed: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Ribbon:  American Craft
Flower:  Prima
Rhinestone:  Studio 18
Markers:  Copics
Chalk: Colorbox topaz
Border: Fiskars



I used the same stamp, but did a different hair color, but didn't add the edge of chalk around the oval, and the image just doesn't "pop" as much.
And for the inside of the card.
Given that my daughter is going to be 18 years old in about a month and my son is 14, I still remember that pregnancy was not fun.  We visited my nephew on Saturday and my daughter said that I should have another child, but no thanks I would rather just babysit our adorable Greysen.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Congrats on your blog! I remember first starting mine! you did a wonderful job with this sketch! Thanks so much for playing along at The Wild Flower Patch!!